[physfs] ISO9660

Christoph Nelles evilazrael at evilazrael.de
Fri Feb 26 17:32:41 EST 2010

Hi everybody,

i've currently achieved a working ISO9660 (CDROM Image) archiver with
Joliet support in under 1k SLOC (smaller than the zip archiver ;))  I am
currently a little bit undecided on how to implement access with
multiple files opened at the same opened on the same image. The easiest
way is to open and close the image file an additional time everytime a
file is opened or closed. The other way is to synchronize access to the
image, which would mean to use mutexes and use locks. I expect the first
to be faster (and easier..) on big files while the later is probably
faster on small files. A combination might be possible, too.

Any opinions and hints on this topic?

Regards

Christoph

--
Christoph Nelles

E-Mail    : evilazrael at evilazrael.de
Jabber    : eazrael at evilazrael.net      ICQ       : 78819723

PGP-Key   : ID 0x424FB55B on subkeys.pgp.net
            or http://evilazrael.net/pgp.txt