[physfs] Question about ZIP archiving

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at icculus.org
Sun Sep 30 00:29:36 EDT 2007

> I am working with a project that is interested in using PhysicsFS to handle
> zip archives.  However, our project needs the ability to create archives and
> place files in them.  Is PhysFS capable of creating zip archives?

There's an interface for it, but it's not implemented, since there
doesn't appear to be any reasonably efficient way to handle it
(especially when dealing with large files, replacing files, seeking in
files...).

Generally I tell people to just use an external tool to create .zip
files, and use PhysicsFS for the runtime processing of existing files.
This isn't ideal, though.