linking problem

Daniel Dadush dndadush at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 18:24:20 EST 2005

Hi, I'm terribly new at this so I'm sorry if my question is rather dumb.
I was desperately trying to built the physfs.dll from both within
cygwin and ms visual studio 8 (beta) and I kept getting linker errors.
This is the error I get from visual studio 8:

------ Build started: Project: physfs, Configuration: Release
Multithreaded DLL Win32 ------
Compiling...
zutil.c
zip.c
win32.c
wad.c
uncompr.c
trees.c
qpak.c
physfs_byteorder.c
physfs.c
mvl.c
inftrees.c
inflate.c
inffast.c
hog.c
grp.c
dir.c
deflate.c
crc32.c
compress.c
adler32.c
Linking...
   Creating library .\Release/physfs.lib and object .\Release/physfs.exp
win32.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__OpenProcessToken at 12
win32.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__GetUserNameA at 8
.\Release/physfs.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
Build log was saved at
"file://c:\cygwin\home\Daniel_N_Dadush\physfs\Release\BuildLog.htm"
physfs - 3 error(s), 0 warning(s)

I would really like to get this built but I really have no idea what's
going wrong. If anyone has any idea what I'm doing wrong I would
really appreciate it.