[physfs] 2.0 wishlist...

Brian Hook hook_l at pyrogon.com
Tue Sep 21 11:29:05 EDT 2004

> Ah...well I was using the VisualStudio project originally, where
> you don't get a choice.

What is the "standard distro" of zlib under Windows?

> That's fair enough if physfs is purely for binary read/write
> operations. If physfs is meant to be an alternate file system then
> it does add completeness.

It is my understanding that physfs basically handles raw bytes and
doesn't want to get into the business of providing file parsing.  It's
trivial to layer something on top of physfs for that, and for embedded
devices you really don't want to incur the overhead of adding more
stuff that isn't strictly necessary.

Brian