[physfs] Errors

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Sat Jul 5 15:33:01 EDT 2003

> Thats the thing, it was. I'm using Windows XP Home Edition, logged in on an
> admin account, using the directory C:\Games\Adventure - which is a directory
> that exists.

1) What version of physfs are you using? The win32 binaries on icculus.org
are _way_ out of date right now.
2) Can you look at the source to PHYSFS_setSaneConfig() and see if it's
doing things differently? Does that function work?
3) If you specified it as a literal string, did you use
"C:\Games\Adventure" or "C:\\Games\\Adventure"?
4) Is PHYSFS_setWriteDirectory() actually failing? PHYSFS_getLastError()
is not reset by a successful API call, so perhaps you are looking at a
previous error message that is unrelated?
5) Can you post a small code example that fails incorrectly?

In the current physfs version, the only way this can fail is if the
directory doesn't exist...it doesn't check for write access when setting
the write directory...