[physfs] PalmOS support

Brian Hook hook_l at pyrogon.com
Sat Dec 20 13:02:50 EST 2003

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 12:36:03 -0600, David Hedbor wrote:
> Brian Hook <hook_l at pyrogon.com> writes:

> I think that the main issue is that PalmOS is so "different" that
> it might not be a viable thing to do.

It's quite a bit different than PocketPC, yet I know of a few people
that have sourcebases that they claim are effectively identical
between PalmOS and PocketPC?

> Especially since you never
> really want to "load" data into memory but rather want to access it
> in-place.

Don't you decompress it from a binary resource first?  If so, it would
seem that you have the same path:

PalmOS -> load data resource, uncompress, store in memory
PHYSFS -> load .ZIP resource, uncompress item, store in memory

?

Brian