Important PhysicsFS updates.

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Sat Jun 29 18:44:55 EDT 2002

...for you win32 users:

I've been overhauling the win32 code a lot, and uncovered a lot of bugs.
Some things didn't work on 95/98/ME systems, some things were just
downright broken, other things were not as robust as I'd like. PhysicsFS
also builds under Cygwin again. I presume Mingw32 will also work (someone
please verify), and you should use that instead if you are planning to
distribute binaries. PhysicsFS binaries built with Cygwin violate the GPL,
so don't do it; you have been warned.

This code all needs more testing. I tried it briefly on NT 4.0 and Windows
ME. It has been known to work on WindowsXP. I'd like to see it put through
its paces on Windows 95, 98, and 2000. The really brave should get this
to build on PocketPC and report back.

I'm hitting eBay for a Windows NT 3.1 disc.  :)

...for everyone:

There is a buffer overflow in the CD detection code due to an order of
operations problem. This bug affects every platform but BeOS (where I was
smart enough to put parentheses around the malloc() expression). This is
fixed in CVS; please upgrade.

I'm going to let this stew for a while, and release version 0.1.7.

Barring unexpected changes like the ones that came up this week, it will
be the last release before 1.0. Honest this time.  :)