MacOS X shared libraries...

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Fri Jun 14 17:47:48 EDT 2002

...PhysicsFS can now build shared libraries on MacOS X. I've rewritten the
build system to work around a bug in OSX autoconf (basically, we build
everything out of a single Makefile.am in the root directory, instead of
building convenience libraries in each subdir that gets linked into one
shared library.)

This alleviates the need for Project Builder support. I'll still accept
project files for PB if someone wants to do them, but I'm not sweating it
now that I can get a shared library from the Unix build system.

This is not a new problem, but BeOS still seems to only build static
libraries, even with ./configure --disable-static --enable-shared. I'm
using the autoconf that comes with BeOS 5's free development tools, which
is probably really out of date. I'll report back when I manage to upgrade
to the latest official GNU versions.

All of this is in CVS. I'll put some (unsupported, of course) OS X .dylib
files up for download.