[openbox] 1) underscored initial letters at some menus 2) openbox site

u34 at net9.ga u34 at net9.ga
Mon May 15 10:21:06 EDT 2023

"D.T." <ohnonot-github at posteo.de> wrote:

> On Sun, 2023-05-14 at 20:53 +0200, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
> >
> > Perhaps some kind of font rendering issue then? To be clear, if you
> > set the label of an entry to, say, "Hell_o", pressing o selects it in
> > the menu, but you don't see the o being underlined?
> >

> Interestingly, I'm seeing the same. I never use the underlined shortcut
> feature so I haven't noticed, but a item label "E_ditor" does not show
> an underlined d in my root menu.
> I have a custom ~/.config/fontconfig/fonts.conf which I removed now and
> restarted X, so it now defaults to Noto Sans instead of Cantarell,
> still the same.
> I can and will check under /etc as well, but it works in GTK3
> applications with or without the customisation...
> Archlinux' official openbox 3.6.1-10. It uses some patches.

Me too. Archlinux' official openbox 3.6.1-10. I don't have many fonts
installed. I guess openbox uses Noto Sans, but don't know exactly. How
can I tell? I Never had underlined letters in any menu. I am using openbox
for a long time. It could be that who ever comment here should also point out
how his menu is configured. I am with a fully static configuration. Just
the xml files. client-list-combined-menu is generated dynamically by openbox
itself, as far as I know. I find it interesting whoever made
http://openbox.org/wiki/File:Screenshot_of_menu_of_openbox_3.6.1_with_%22Bear2%22_theme.png
did bother to have both underlined, and non underlined, shortcut letters.
Plain laziness on his side, nothing more?
The image is at
http://openbox.org/wiki/Help:Menus#Value_of_attribute_.22label.22 .

--
u34