[openbox] Custom window title bar

Johan Vromans jvromans at squirrel.nl
Fri Mar 10 02:01:55 EST 2023

On Thu, 09 Mar 2023 20:26:57 +0000, "D.T." <ohnonot-github at posteo.de> wrote:

> Essentially, you'd have to write yourself a daemon script that

Yes, that's what I do now. It works sufficiently enough to be useful.

But, as a perfectionist, I would like the time to go with the min/max/close
icons, not with the title.

> Personally, I wouldn't use python since it constantly spawns external
> commands, a shell script seems more suitable in such a case, but who
> knows.

I used Perl but that's a matter of personal preference. Just for the sake of
fun I'll try how far I can get with xdotool scripting.

> A much easier alternative would be a pipemenu for one of your menus.

TIMTOWTDI...

-- Johan