[openbox] keybinding

Łukasz Grabowski graboluk at gmail.com
Sat May 28 13:17:02 EDT 2016

I think in this case it would be preferable not to use openbox (although in
principle you can use e.g. xdotool), but rather directly set a keyboard
mapping via setxkbmap. For example in debian you could edit the file
/usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/latin
by changing in the section "basic" the line
    key <AB07><>{ [         m,          M,           mu,    masculine ]>};
    key <AB07><>{ [         m,          M,           0,    masculine ]>};
and adding
    include "level3(ralt_switch)"
to the end of the section "basic".Then run
setxkbmap latin basic
from command line and right_alt+m produces 0 everywhere.

Best,
Łukasz