[openbox] set working directory when starting Openbox

Crni Gorac cgorac at gmail.com
Thu May 22 08:30:07 EDT 2014

What you described is somewhat opposite to what happens on my machine.
 I have Openbox 3.5.2, and xinit 1.3.3.  I have following snippet in
my $HOME/.bash_login:
#--------------------------
cd /tmp

case $(tty) in
/dev/tty1)
        xinit
        ;;
esac
#--------------------------
and my $HOME/.xinitrc is simply:
#--------------------------
exec openbox-session
#--------------------------

Now, when I login (on first tty), Openbox get started automatically,
and despite working directory being set to /tmp before xinit run,
Openbox is properly reading all files from $HOME/.config/openbox
directory.  However, when I run an xterm from within Openbox, the
working directory is set to $HOME (instead to /tmp).

I recently switched to Openbox from E17, and the setup described went
practically unchanged (except that instead of "exec openbox-sesssion"
I had "exec enlightenment_start" in my $HOME/.xinitrc file).  However,
when xterm run in E17, its working directory would be /tmp, as I would
expect...

Thanks.