[openbox] urxvt is decoration-less

Robbie Smith zoqaeski at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 23:02:24 EDT 2012

On 25/09/12 03:16, Andrew Gallant wrote:
> I'm not terribly familiar with urxvt, but is it possible that you've
> *also* configured urxvt to not display decorations? (It's possible for
> a client to ask the window manager not to decorate its window.)
>
> - Andrew
>

> On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 12:17 PM, Robbie Smith <zoqaeski at gmail.com> wrote:
>> For a while I had configured urxvt to not display window decorations in my
>> rc.xml. Recently I've changed my mind, but unsetting the settings seems to
>> have had no effect. Even weirder, I can't add decorations with my keybinding
>> either. It just refuses to display decorations.
>>
>> The relevent sections of rc.xml:
>>
>> <keybind key="W-w">
>>    <keybind key="u">
>>      <action name="ToggleDecorations"/>
>>    </keybind>
>> </keybind>
>>

>> <application name="urxvt">
>>    <decor>yes</decor><!-- formerly set to "no" -->
>>    <focus>yes</focus>
>>    <fullscreen>no</fullscreen>
>>    <layer>normal</layer>
>>    <maximized>no</maximized>
>> </application>
>>

>> <application name="*">
>>    <action name="If">
>>      <maximizedvertical>yes</maximizedvertical>
>>      <then>
>>        <action name="Undecorate" />
>>      </then>
>>    </action>
>> </application>
>>
>> Can anyone shed some light on what might be happening? This only affects
>> urxvt, as far as I am aware. For all other applications, the dynamic setting
>> of decorations works fine.
>>
>> Robbie

I don't think urxvt can be configured to request no decorations. If so,
it's not in my configs:

~/.Xresources:
     !----------------------------------------------
     !! URxvt - General
     !----------------------------------------------
     URxvt*buffered       : true
     URxvt*font           : xft:DejaVu Sans Mono:size=11
     URxvt*boldFont       : xft:DejaVu Sans Mono:bold:size=11
     URxvt*italicFont     : xft:DejaVu Sans Mono:italic:size=11
     URxvt*boldItalicFont : xft:DejaVu Sans Mono:bold:italic:size=11
     URxvt*internalborder : 0
     URxvt*scrollBar      : false
     URxvt*saveLines      : 16383
     URxvt*cursorColor    : #858385
     !URxvt*cursorColor   : #1A1C20
     URxvt*cursorBlink    : true
     URxvt*depth          : 32
     URxvt*title          : Terminal
     URxvt*borderWidth    : 0
     URxvt*internalBorder : 0
     URxvt*externalBorder : 0
     URxvt*borderLess     : true
     URxvt*borderColor    : #202426
     URxvt.loginshell     : false
     URxvt*iso14755       : False
     !----------------------------------------------
     ! URxvt Perl extensions
     URxvt*perl-lib             : /home/robbie/.config/urxvt/
     URxvt*perl-ext             : default
     URxvt*perl-ext-common      : default,clipboard,selection,url-select
     URxvt*url-select.launcher  : /usr/bin/luakit
     URxvt*url-select.underline : true
     URxvt*matcher.button       : 1
     URxvt.keysym.M-u           : perl:url-select:select_next

Weird. I should note that when switching desktops with a keybinding,
urxvt refuses to give up focus.