[openbox] urxvt is decoration-less

Andrew Gallant jamslam at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 01:09:26 EDT 2012

> I don't think urxvt can be configured to request no decorations. If so, it's
> not in my configs:

You have *several* options disabling borders. Perhaps one of them is culprit.

A quick Google search brought up this [1]:

borderLess: boolean
Set MWM hints to request a borderless window, i.e. if honoured by the
WM , the rxvt-unicode window will not have window decorations; option
-bl.

And since you have:

> URxvt*borderLess     : true

It seems reasonable that Openbox is not decorating your window. :-)

This is one of the few last uses of the old Motif hints, since the
EWMH barely acknowledges the existence of window decorations. Openbox
has its own hint that one can set (I believe devilspie is aware of
it), but it also honors MWM hints as well. To my knowledge, this is
also how Chromium gets rid of decorations.

- Andrew

[1] - http://linux.die.net/man/1/urxvt