[openbox] feature suggestion

Alexey Korop akorop at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 12:12:52 EDT 2011

Dana Jansens wrote on 29.09.2011 00:09:
>> I noticed the --restart flag, which, if I guessed right, forces
>> openbox to exec into itself. As the manual says, it is useful only if
>> the binary on disk differs from the active one, in the case of an
>> upgrading. But what if something else (the environment, for example)
>> has changed and you want to load the changes without killing the
>> session?

> You can use a restart action to run anything you'd like.  That
> anything could be a script that sets ENV vars and then runs openbox
> again.
>
> Letting --restart take an argument to do the same thing might be cool.

    By the way, the openbox --restart in my system leads to a strange
problem. The window of the Conky, which until then had been below all
windows, after the --restart become above all windows. Conky
configuration contains the following lines:

own_window yes
own_window_transparent no
own_window_type override
own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager

(This config is suitable fo run Conky under Gnome)

    I decide this problem by restarting conky after openbox restart, but
I wonder what's going on?

Yours truly Alexey