[openbox] Fedora 14 and openbox won't change mouse pointer

Neil Bird neil at jibbyjobby.co.uk
Tue Mar 1 12:13:03 EST 2011

   I've just updated my fedora 12 box to 14, and found I can't change my
pointer:  I always end up with the default Fedora 'dmz-aa'.

   I have a custom pointer configured, but it doesn't show up in any GTK
apps (desktop included), only Firefox and Thunderbird (which oddly, I
thought, *do* use GTK behind the scenes, but anyway).

   I found that it's only my login that's affected, and so I killed openbox
and ran up metacity, and the theme switcher started working.

   Does anyone have a clue what might be going on?  Have GNOME pushed
pointer-change management into their WM?

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature