[openbox] Vertical Title Bars Along the Side of Windows

Dana Jansens dana at orodu.net
Tue Mar 1 11:56:54 EST 2011

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 10:15 PM, Rooster Cogburn <rstrcogburn at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm interested in writing a patch to place the title bar vertically
> along the side of a window.  I was in frame.c and that seemed to be
> the place.  Is this gonna be a huge undertaking?

That would be where to change the layout of where the frame elements
are.  The code in there is a little ad-hoc and not the prettiest in
the codebase.  You'd also need to change the rendering subsystem
(obrender/obrender.h:_RrTextureText, obrender/font.c:RrFontDraw) to
handle vertical font rendering.  And perhaps theme or config options
for it (obrender/theme.[ch] or openbox/config.[ch]).

- Dana