[openbox] Defining window placement rules

fwoncn fw.oncn at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 03:49:30 EST 2011

Hi There :)

Is there anyone desiring a smart window placement feature like me? By that
you can, say, always open your mail client in workspace #2, or do many other
things similar to that.

I did an google search through Openbox maillist archive and found an old
thread here: http://icculus.org/pipermail/openbox/2003-October/001501.html

Devilspie which was mentioned on that thread works well for me. But at least
another more process running so I'm still seeking for an Openbox-based
solution. Openbox documentation doesn't give me a clue. I noticed that
Openbox has adopted Startup Notification support in 3.4 and it probably can
be able to let user do this (in the future?).