[openbox] Patch: vim bindings for move/resize

Brian Mattern rephorm at rephorm.com
Mon Nov 29 12:51:43 EST 2010

On Sun, 28 Nov 2010, Paul wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 11:08:36AM -0800, Brian Mattern wrote:
> >Attached is a patch to add vim keybindings (hjkl) to keyboard move /
> >resize operations.
>
> Not sure why this needs a patch - I'm using vimlike keybindings for move and resize that I defined in rc.xml...

What exactly do you have defined?

If you have separate keys bound do "MoveRelative" with different
parameters, then this isn't what I want. (I already have W-{h,j,k,l}
bound to DirectionalFocus*). I want one key press to start move (or
resize) mode, and then be able to use hjkl instead of arrow keys to do
the rest (which includes being able to use ctrl/shift to modify the
size of the step). From looking at the code, I'm fairly sure that this isn't
possible without a patch. If it is, then please by all means be a bit
more helpful with your response and post an example.

Brian