[openbox] dead keys

Anthony Thyssen A.Thyssen at griffith.edu.au
Wed Jun 16 21:35:47 EDT 2010

On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 19:24:12 +0100
Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida at gmail.com> wrote:
| On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 6:21 PM, Dana Jansens <dana at orodu.net> wrote:
|
| > Of course the locale is correct in the shell in the bad xterm.  But the
| > locale Openbox sees, and the terminal itself, will be different if you don't
| > set the locale in your autostart.sh.
| >
| > Set the locale (and any other applicable environment stuff) from your
| > autostart.sh instead, so Openbox and other apps will be in the same locale.
| >
| Makes sense. But still no joy. Of course, I'm just guessing that it
| may be a locale problem.

Add a menu item to run a command like
   env | xmessage
That is display the output of 'env'.

This will then let you see what environment openbox is seeing.
Starting a xterm will of course start a shell which will reset
your environment according to the shell RC files.  The above will not.

  Anthony Thyssen ( System Programmer )    <A.Thyssen at griffith.edu.au>