[openbox] OpenBox and Opera and Flash

vlad vla at uni-bonn.de
Thu Jul 8 04:24:40 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 08, 2010 at 01:59:36PM +1000, Anthony Thyssen wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Jul 2010 12:30:39 +0200
> Rafał Mużyło <galtgendo at gmail.com> wrote:
> | Frankly, this problem sounds like a well known
> | problem with Flash and recent gtk+ - recent Opera (10.60)
> | will use gtk+, if it's not using KDE.
> | It's about native gdk windows.
> | Setting GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS might help, but that's
> | just a workaround - the real bug seems to lie in Flash.
> |

> This problem is seen in quite a few applications, Including gedit!!!
>
> My problem is not setting GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS that's fine.
I have "export GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS=1"
in my opera startup script. However, setting or unsetting this doesn't
make any difference.
I don't think it's a gtk+ problem. I tried Opera with the X11
and Qt toolkit and this issue also occurred.
Removing the mouse "Client" bindings did the trick, but it's totally
annoying, because I have now to click on the decorations to raise the
window (like in dumb windows).
It might be a flash bug, but why does this appear only in
Opera and with OpenBox? As I said firefox and chromium does not have
this problem.