[openbox] OpenBox and Opera and Flash

Anthony Thyssen A.Thyssen at griffith.edu.au
Wed Jul 7 23:59:36 EDT 2010

On Wed, 7 Jul 2010 12:30:39 +0200
Rafał Mużyło <galtgendo at gmail.com> wrote:
| Frankly, this problem sounds like a well known
| problem with Flash and recent gtk+ - recent Opera (10.60)
| will use gtk+, if it's not using KDE.
| It's about native gdk windows.
| Setting GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS might help, but that's
| just a workaround - the real bug seems to lie in Flash.

This problem is seen in quite a few applications, Including gedit!!!

My problem is not setting GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS that's fine.

It is keeping it set.   The Nautilus Window manager will unset this
environment variable before launching a sub-application on a datafile.
Causing the problem to re-appear!

Arrrggghhhh.....

  Anthony Thyssen ( System Programmer )    <A.Thyssen at griffith.edu.au>