[openbox] fluxbox-like tabs via external tool ?

Michael M. Moore michael at writemoore.net
Tue Feb 17 17:48:57 EST 2009

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 3:24 PM, Stepan <zelvicka at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Not sure if you want this for all apps, but if you're looking to do
>> this only with your terminals check out roxterm.
> I need unicode support. And I like grouping+tabbing different
> aps together like gvim+terminal.

I'm not sure if this would do it for you, but if you have certain apps
that you regularly like to group together, you could use Devil's Pie:

"A window-matching utility, inspired by Sawfish's "Matched Windows"
option and the lack of the functionality in Metacity. Metacity lacking
window matching is not a bad thing — Metacity is a lean window
manager, and window matching does not have to be a window manager
task.

"Devil's Pie can be configured to detect windows as they are created,
and match the window to a set of rules. If the window matches the
rules, it can perform a series of actions on that window. For example,
I can make all windows created by X-Chat appear on all workspaces, and
the main Gkrellm1 window does not appear in the pager or task list."

http://www.burtonini.com/blog/computers/devilspie

It wouldn't be tabs per se, but it might fit most of your needs.  Or,
might not.  :-)

Michael M.

--
"Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within
limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add