OpenOffice.org in OpenBox

Jacques Bon jbon at cafcom.net
Thu Nov 1 17:48:21 EDT 2007

Hello,

I'd like to have in Openbox, OpenOffice.org looking as it is in Xfce,or
KDE. I use Slackware 12, without GNOME.

Launching xfce-mcs-manager with autostart.sh make a good job with all
GTK apps, but not OO.O. To make OOO nice in OB, I have to launch
xfdesktop, and then I can't use OB menus any more. Same thing using OB
as XFCE's wm (and lauching Xfce is slower than OB).

The strange thing is, that after killing xfdesktop, I can launch OOO, it
stills looks fine, and a "ps -A" show me the same processes before, and
after launching/killing xfdesktop.

Would you see a way to have OOO looking as nice in OB, as Xfce or Kde ?

Thanks for your help, best regards.

****************************
My autostart.sh :

#! /bin/sh

# D-bus
if which dbus-launch >/dev/null && test -z "$DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS";
then eval `dbus-launch --sh-syntax --exit-with-session`
fi

# Make GTK apps look and behave how they were set up in the gnome
# config tools
if which gnome-settings-daemon >/dev/null; then
  gnome-settings-daemon &
fi

# Preload stuff for KDE apps
if which start_kdeinit >/dev/null; then
  LD_BIND_NOW=true start_kdeinit --new-startup +kcminit_startup &
fi

# Preload stuff for XFCE
if which xfce-mcs-manager >/dev/null; then
  xfce-mcs-manager &
fi

--
Jacques Bon