[openbox] OpenOffice.org in OpenBox

Mikael Magnusson mangosoft at comhem.se
Fri Nov 2 04:34:31 EDT 2007

On Thu, 1 Nov 2007, Jacques Bon wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'd like to have in Openbox, OpenOffice.org looking as it is in Xfce,or
> KDE. I use Slackware 12, without GNOME.
>
> Launching xfce-mcs-manager with autostart.sh make a good job with all
> GTK apps, but not OO.O. To make OOO nice in OB, I have to launch
> xfdesktop, and then I can't use OB menus any more. Same thing using OB
> as XFCE's wm (and lauching Xfce is slower than OB).
>
> The strange thing is, that after killing xfdesktop, I can launch OOO, it
> stills looks fine, and a "ps -A" show me the same processes before, and
> after launching/killing xfdesktop.
>
> Would you see a way to have OOO looking as nice in OB, as Xfce or Kde ?
>
> Thanks for your help, best regards.

Openoffice.org probably has some insanely crazy heuristics to "detect"
what DE it's being used in, and select a toolkit based on that. You can
try:

export OOO_FORCE_DESKTOP=gnome
ooffice

If that works, put the env var in your autostart file. IIRC you can also
select the toolkit somewhere in the options.

--
Mikael Magnusson