Refugee

Folderol folderol at ukfsn.org
Tue Jul 10 16:18:33 EDT 2007

I'm a refugee from Acorn Risc Os, and quickly settled on OroboROX as
having all the best usability features of the Acorn WIMP. I was also
pleased to be able to add a few enhancements to OroboROX. However,
this sadly now seems unsupported.

Now moving on, I very much like openbox and the way it seems to be
going. I would have liked to be able to add enhancements, but having
looked at the code it seems a bit more obscure than OroboROX is, as uses
features of C I'm not familiar with, so I'll probably have to take a
back seat :(

However I do have a suggestion to make. I tried to post it on the
website 'features' entry but bugzilla seems to have decided I
no longer exist!

As well as being able to to define the width and drawing style for the
window handle/bottom, how about letting the top, sides and corners have
individual setting. This is already done for their mouse behaviours so
would improve overall consistency. It would also be a great boon for
theme designers. For example, you could have large flat colour box
corners with slim top and bottom and medium width gradient sides. Also,
if corners (in particular) could be bit images or SVGs then nice 'studs'
could easily be defined.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk