[openbox] Refugee

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Wed Jul 11 03:13:01 EDT 2007

Around about 10/07/07 21:18, Folderol typed ...
> I'm a refugee from Acorn Risc Os, and quickly settled on OroboROX as
> having all the best usability features of the Acorn WIMP. I was also
> pleased to be able to add a few enhancements to OroboROX. However,
> this sadly now seems unsupported.

   How long did you hang on with RiscOS for?  I'm afraid I gave in back in
2000 ...

> Now moving on, I very much like openbox and the way it seems to be
> going. I would have liked to be able to add enhancements, but having
> looked at the code it seems a bit more obscure than OroboROX is, as uses
> features of C I'm not familiar with, so I'll probably have to take a
> back seat :(

   C's practically assembler, what features are new to you? ;)

   I shouldn't really comment, I've not dug into the ob code as yet.

   You mention fiddling with the edge sensitivity widths:  what options are
they?  Would that allow me to widen the edge pick-up area?  It seems to be
only a couple of pixels ATM which I keep missing!

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature