[openbox] Is there some sort of session management?

Thomas Wehrspann thomas at wehrspann.de
Mon Sep 25 19:08:07 EDT 2006

> Devil's Pie is a handy tool. However, if you're only in search of window
> positioning, layering, desktop selection, etc., you may want to use
> 'wmctrl'. You execute it each time you need it, as opposed to having
> another service always running resident on the system (i.e. Devil's
> Pie). If 'wmctrl' won't suit your needs, then use Devil's Pie. Just make
> sure you look into 'wmctrl'.

So it's not directly possible with Openbox? Then i have a feature request for
future versions ;-)

I know of both programs, but Devil's Pie seems to need gtk2, at least on my
gentoo system.
Maybe wmctrl will fit my needs, as only window positioning is what i want.

Thank you all for your suggestions

Thomas Wehrspann