[openbox] Dual monitor, xinerama and full screen movies

fonseka at gmail.com fonseka at gmail.com
Fri May 12 03:43:14 EDT 2006

On 5/12/06, Troy Curtis Jr <troycurtisjr at gmail.com> wrote:
> Perhaps you should give some specifics about what versions of each piece of
> software you are using (xine,mplayer,OB,distro) and where you got the
> applications (compile from source, portage, rpm, etc).

I use Gentoo too :) using mplayer 1.0.20060415 compiled from sources
with portage...

I use Openbox 3.3_rc2 (revision 2 from portage).

> On a different subject, you got XGL to work with both monitors?  Maybe I
> should look into it again, I guess they have a fix for it now?  When I tried
> it earlier in the year you could not get two monitors working...or maybe you
> did something special.  Do tell!

I tryed Xgl two weeks ago, it worked right out of the box (nvidia) but
Xgl was not aware of xinerama, so the windows on gnome were popping in
the middle of the two screens... Then I found a patch somewhere that
added minnimum xinerama support, tryied it, and it worked ok :) if you
need more info about it, please contact me

--
Will work for bandwidth