[openbox] how do you start a window w/o decorations?

Lucas Hazel lucas at digitillogic.net
Tue Feb 1 19:13:10 EST 2005

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 06:23:34 +0000
dave <dufeau at uts.cc.utexas.edu> wrote:

> If by start a window, you mean launch a terminal, you could use eterm.
>
> There is a switch for eterm that allows you to turn off the
> decoration-   even in openbox.  I don't know the syntax off-hand, but
> you should be   able to find it with 'man eterm'.  If you can't find
> the syntax, let me   know and I could dig around and figure out how I
> did just this thing   recently.
>
> Cheers!
>
> -dave
>

> On 01/14/05 01:06:37, Marc Wilson wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 03:12:56PM -0500, Richard K. Kishore wrote:
> > > How do you start a window without decorations?
> >
> > You don't.

Personally I use devilspie to manage stuff like this. I can't remember
the URL of the top of my head, but I'm sure google knows ;)

--
Lucas Hazel <lucas at digitillogic.net>
Student, BSDfreak

University of New England (http://cs.une.edu.au)
Armidale, Australia

[http://www.digitillogic.net]

"Clothes make the man. Naked men are rarely taken
seriously, or given employment." (Mark Twain)