[openbox] xinerama/twinview mplayer fullscreen problem

Marc Wilson msw at cox.net
Sun Nov 28 23:08:44 EST 2004

On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 03:24:56AM +0100, Gabor Bernath wrote:
> i exeperience strange behaviour of mplayer on openbox xinemara setup.
> switching to fullscreen works fine on one of my screens. but when i switch
> to fullscreen on the other screen, the first screen goes white.
> however, it just works fine while running xfce window manager.

I'm not saying that it's the same problem, but mplayer 1.0-pre5 has
definite issues with openbox's idea of the fullscreen action.  It was a
deliberate change on the part of the mplayer folks... it's documented in
the changelog between pre4 and pre5 (not specifically for openbox, but the
change they made).

Other window managers are also affected, and a fix is supposedly coming
RSN, although RSN *was* Summer 2004. :(

Drop back to 1.0-pre4, and I bet you have no more issues.

--
 Marc Wilson |     After they got rid of capital punishment, they had
 msw at cox.net |     to hang twice as many people as before.