[openbox] Per-workspace wallpaper impossible?

Miguel Bazdresch ob-01 at thewizardstower.org
Mon Jun 7 12:12:36 EDT 2004

* Holly Bostick <motub at planet.nl> [2004-06-07 17:55]:

> So what's the deal? Is per-workspace wallpaper simply not possible under
> OB3, or have I misconfigured something?

I can see one way. I change desktops with the keyboard; my rc.xml
file looks like this:

  <keybind key="W-s">
          <action name="Desktop">
                  <desktop>
                          2
                  </desktop>
          </action>
  </keybind>

so I can change to desktop number 2 with W-s. You could add an execute
action to this, as follows:

  <keybind key="W-s">
          <action name="Desktop">
                  <desktop>
                          2
                  </desktop>
          </action>
          <action name="Execute">
                  <execute>
                          wmsetbg <options>
                  </execute>
          </action>
  </keybind>

and wmsetbg will get executed every time you change to desktop 2.

This will work; the only down side that I can see is that it won't be very
fast. And it won't work with the pager. And yeah, it's kinda ugly :)

--
Miguel Bazdresch
http://thewizardstower.org/