[openbox] a happy new openbox user

Louis-David Mitterrand vindex at apartia.org
Sun Apr 11 05:02:23 EDT 2004

On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 12:00:13PM +0200, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Apr 2004, Louis-David Mitterrand wrote:
> > Here a few questions I have gathered in a month or so of daily use:
> >
> > - xmms cannot be parked under the dock: for instance if the dock is
> >   upper-left vertical, the one cannot align xmms right under it, along
> >   the left window edge,
>
> Try using openbox for moving it, by default, alt-mouse1 moves windows but
> you can of course change that.

It works.

> > - the dock stays visible when mplayer is full screen, even if "above or
> >   below other windows" is selected,
>
> put this in ~/.mplayer/config (if i recall correctly)
> fs = -above,fullscreen

Actually it is:

fstype = -above,fullscreen

"man mplayer" has some details (shoulda checked!).

> > - is there a setting (I searched the docs) that would open windows along
> >   the upper right side of the screen?
>
> No, that seems like a very weird preference. Also, the upper right of a
> screen is a corner, not an edge :)

No so weird if you run xrootconsole from the northwest corner and don't
want your windows to hide its output.

> > Thanks,
>
> You're welcome

Thanks again. I have another question: how would you write your
.xsession to have on startup two rxvt's on the first workspace, mozilla
on the second and two more rxvt's on the third? How can one launch
programs on differents workspaces?

Cheers,

ldm at apartia.fr