[openbox] a happy new openbox user

Mikael Magnusson mangosoft at comhem.se
Mon Apr 5 06:00:13 EDT 2004

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004, Louis-David Mitterrand wrote:

> Hello,

Hi

> Here a few questions I have gathered in a month or so of daily use:
>
> - xmms cannot be parked under the dock: for instance if the dock is
>   upper-left vertical, the one cannot align xmms right under it, along
>   the left window edge,

Try using openbox for moving it, by default, alt-mouse1 moves windows but
you can of course change that.

> - the dock stays visible when mplayer is full screen, even if "above or
>   below other windows" is selected,

put this in ~/.mplayer/config (if i recall correctly)
fs = -above,fullscreen

> - is there a setting (I searched the docs) that would open windows along
>   the upper right side of the screen?

No, that seems like a very weird preference. Also, the upper right of a
screen is a corner, not an edge :)

> Thanks,

You're welcome

--