[openbox] Openbox-3.0-rc3 and focus of the gnome-panel

Ben Jansens ben at orodu.net
Thu Oct 9 23:10:22 EDT 2003

On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 05:52:01PM -0700, Dugan Chen wrote:
> I run OpenBox along with gnome-panel (set to autohide). I notice that with
> this version of Openbox, if I have a maximized window in focus, and I move
> the mouse cursor to the top or bottom of the screen to unhide the panel,
> then the panel unhides itself _behind_ the maximized window. I have to
> manually click in the gnome-panel to see it.
>
> I don't remember this happening with the previous Openbox release
> candidates.

The CHANGELOG explains this:

* Closed bug #902 (Openbox raises gDesklets when clicked). This has
  the side effect that panels which do not set the ABOVE state (most
  panels curerntly around) will no longer be kept always on top. You
  can set the ABOVE state yourself by using the client menu (Alt-RightClick
  in the default bindings) and selecting the Always on top Layer.

Ben