[.*] .*

corey at streamreel.net corey at streamreel.net
Thu Nov 20 19:54:47 EST 2003

On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 08:30:05PM +0100, .* wrote:
> .*

As you can see, your suggestion is obviously not a workable solution.

Not only in a practical sense, but more importantly, in regards to the
purely technical ( as we _are_ discussing mere technicalities here ):

Which version of openbox does openbox-.* represent?  All versions of
openbox, right?  Then which part of my email whould .* represent? All
of it. This is the same as simply not quoting. Which is why we quote.

> That's .* verbose.
>
> regexp's are better, .*, less typing.

...would be better, but probably not that useful under most circumstances -
this is generaly what the <snip> convention gets used for.

I think I win the argument!  (c8=

> Thanks

  No problem!

<grins>,