[openbox] sloppy focus?

corey at streamreel.net corey at streamreel.net
Sat Nov 15 01:46:38 EST 2003

On Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 11:29:39AM +1030, Tim Riley wrote:
> El vie, 14-11-2003 a las 16:10, corey at streamreel.net escribió:
> > However, there's one thing missing - I like to be able to immediately
> > begin interacting with the window, even before it has been raised.
<snippity-snip>
> > Anyhow, what's the directive I need in order to provide the behavior I'm
> > looking for?
>
> There is none.  I believe Ben had a good justification for this, but I
> cannot remember it.

  I'll go through the mailling list archives and see if I can find the
  thread - anyone happen to remember the subject?

> So I guess the options you have available to you are:
>
> 1) Modify your window management habits.

  Impossible.

> 2) Hack the source.

  I'm already involved in another project, building arm extensions.

> 3) Use ob2 or another WM.

  Out of the question.

> Good luck with your endeavours, and if you do make a patch, be sure to
> publicise it on this list.

  I'll eyeball the ob2 code, see what I can do.

> Your good friend,

  Thanks for responses!

Beers,

Corey