[openbox] sloppy focus?

Tim Riley tr at slackzone.org
Sat Nov 15 19:59:39 EST 2003

El vie, 14-11-2003 a las 16:10, corey at streamreel.net escribió:
> However, there's one thing missing - I like to be able to immediately
> begin interacting with the window, even before it has been raised. But
> with the above configuration, I have to wait for that focusDelay before
> I can work with the window in question... 450 miliseconds is just too
> long... <grin>  ( really though, it makes a huge difference in practice )
>
> Anyhow, what's the directive I need in order to provide the behavior I'm
> looking for?

There is none.  I believe Ben had a good justification for this, but I
cannot remember it.

So I guess the options you have available to you are:

1) Modify your window management habits.
2) Hack the source.
3) Use ob2 or another WM.

Good luck with your endeavours, and if you do make a patch, be sure to
publicise it on this list.

Your good friend,

Tim