[openbox] patch for NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN support in openbox 2.3

Marc Wilson msw at cox.net
Mon Mar 17 03:39:12 EST 2003

On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 02:28:39AM -0600, Ben Jansens wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 12:26:38AM -0800, Marc Wilson wrote:
> > If I remember correctly, doesn't xawtv just decide that if it sees NETWM,
> > then whatever feature it thinks it wants is available?  Didn't you
> > determine that FULLSCREEN wasn't being advertised now, but it was assuming
> > it was there anyway?  Have to find old irc log...
>
> That was an xawtv bug yes. This patch would change that though, and suddenly
> we have an Openbox bug (so says the wm-spec list so far) because it doesnt
> check with the VidMode extension for the screen size.

What's stopping xawtv from ordering X to change screen modes, then?  With
patch or without, the shift never occurs.  The only difference is that with
the patch, you get this black screen with an itty-bitty (relatively) TV
picture in the middle of it. ^_^

Or am I missing something and xawtv is expecting openbox to shift modes for
it?  When the last discussion took place, I understood that xawtv was
assuming openbox supported something it didn't, but I didn't understand how
far that assumption went (I guess).

--
 Marc Wilson |     QOTD: "I've always wanted to work in the Federal
 msw at cox.net |     Mint.  And then go on strike.  To make less money."