[openbox] 2.2.2 released

Marc Wilson msw at cox.net
Mon Dec 9 14:24:34 EST 2002

On Sat, Dec 07, 2002 at 11:41:02PM -0600, Ben Jansens wrote:
> Thought I'd let you all know that 2.2.2 is out. The big change in
> 2.2.2 is some new checks in configure for Xft versions.

You mean it checks for Xft2 and ignores Xft1. :)  Waaaaaaaah!

> I'd really appreciate that everyone try 2.2.2 and make sure it builds
> with xft support for them. :)

Well, I tripped over the fact that the openbox-2_2 branch in CVS was
apparently only supporting Xft2 now, so I went to the 2.2.2 tarball and
found that it was the same way.  Shouldn't it say so in the CHANGELOG if
that's actually supposed to be the case, though? :(

http://cvs.icculus.org/horde/chora/diff.php/configure.ac?rt=openbox&r1=1.14&r2=1.15&f=h&num=10

(URL provided by woodblock... thanks!)

For anyone else using CVS and now in the same boat as me...

$ cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at cvs.icculus.org:/cvs/cvsroot co -r openbox-2_2 -D 12/3/02 openbox

will retrieve a version of 2.2.1 from before the Xft2-only change was made.

Ok... now how do I wedge Xft2 into Debian unstable without breaking
everything else that expects to find Xft1...

--
 Marc Wilson |     Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so.  -- The
 msw at cox.net |     Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy