[obdgpslogger] Switching to Windows/Cygwin, can't get OBD data

Robert Konigsberg konigsberg at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 17:17:39 EDT 2010

Looks like taking these steps:

* installing the OBD software package that comes with the USB device
* Running the Windows program

Seems to have done the trick.

I know #2 seems like a Voodoo step, but I've noticed that obdgui can
sometimes not show data, or not start correctly the first time around, but
work well the second. So it's not unlikely that having another app speak to
the USB connector works.

Of course, I'm talking voodoo, and when people talk voodoo in my products I
tell them they're crazy.

--
Robert Konigsberg
konigsberg at gmail.com