[obdgpslogger] Switching to Windows/Cygwin, can't get OBD data

Robert Konigsberg konigsberg at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 14:12:40 EDT 2010

Hi,

I've had to make a last-minute change and go from OSX to Windows/Cygwin. I
know Cygwin well enough so it's not much of a shift, but some things are
preventing me from succeeding.

Using only the code from the svn repository, I compiled, built and installed
the obdgpslogger, and associated tools. Plugged in the USB device.

Now, I know that the device is COM3, and that it's bound to /dev/ttyS2. I
know this because when I unplug the device and run the logger with
/dev/ttyS2, I get this message:

"/dev/ttyS2: no such file or directory. / Couldn't open obd serial port.
Attempting to continue. / Couldn't find either gps or obd to log. Exiting."

And when I plug it in, I get this:

"Opening serial port /dev/ttyS2. this can take a while / Successfully
connected to serial port. Will log obd data / Couldn't get obd data for cmd
00 / here".

I can see when this is happening that the OBD USB device only has two
lights: the power light, and the occasional "PC / RX" light.

So, that's odd. What are your thoughts?

--
Robert Konigsberg
konigsberg at gmail.com