[mojosetup] Desktop menu items!

Ole Jacob Taraldset ojt at gexcon.com
Wed Apr 9 02:41:02 EDT 2008

Ryan C. Gordon wrote:

>> 1) make the installer fail silently, and not remove the entire
>> installation
>> or 2) create the necessary .local files structure
>
> It definitely created the .local folder here.
>
> Can you see if CentOS ships with an "xdg-desktop-menu" in the $PATH,
> and if it's broken in such a way? MojoSetup favors the preinstalled
> script, as recommended by freedesktop.org.

Yes, that was the problem!

The CentOS I'm testing on, is a vmware downloaded image.

Do you know whether it is common for installers in various systems to
not install the xdg-utils package?
What would be a good way to check for the availability of
xdg-desktop-menu before trying to install menu entries?

-Ole Jacob