[mojosetup] MojoSetup status?

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at icculus.org
Wed Nov 21 02:43:00 EST 2007

> How far along is the Gtk+ UI?

I committed a patch from John Spray tonight which makes the GTK UI look
better, use a more modern GTK+ file dialog, etc.

The visual changes he made are subtle but make quite a difference, I
think. If you take the "THIS PAGE IS A PLACEHOLDER" label off the
options page, you could probably ship the current GTK+ code as "good
enough," although it could still use more improvement to make it really
great looking.

Also, the terminal spawning code that Gerry JJ submitted takes a lot of
the fear out of desktop installs...even if you end up in ncurses, it'll
pop up a terminal window, so it'll be a little ghetto looking, but
definitely functional for end users. That was a concern of mine, but I
think this solution will work well.

> [1] http://bountycounty.org/

Do these sites ever produce acceptable results? For contractors looking
for mercenary work, it seems like way too little money for way too large
projects in most cases, but I'd love to find out I'm wrong about that.

--ryan.