New Spearhead server build...

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Thu Jul 29 02:44:30 EDT 2004

...with all the buffer overflow fixes you'd expect.  :)

   http://icculus.org/betas/mohaa/spearhead-lnxded-07292004.tar.bz2

Unpack in the root of an otherwis-working Spearhead server installation.
It will overwrite spearhead_lnxded and mainta/fgameded.so ...

This should fix the overflows we've been discussing. The crash exploit
with the grenade animations and the Uboat spawn exploit never applied to
Spearhead.

This code has been rotting on my hard drive for way too long. I know the
Spearhead server has always been more than a little flaky, but please DO
test this before putting it on production servers, since I'm not really
sure what state this source code is in at this point. Comments are
welcome.

Again, thanks to Luigi Auriemma (and several server admins, you know who
you are!) for all the help.

--ryan.