New MOHAA build (last one?) ...

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Thu Jul 29 02:38:02 EDT 2004

I'm pretty sure all the crash exploits are handled now. There was one
more buffer overflow Luigi pointed out to me that the last build didn't
fix.

Here it is:
  http://icculus.org/betas/mohaa/mohaa-lnxded-07292004.tar.bz2

- Several buffer overflows fixed.
- Grenade animation crash fixed (remove your workarounds!)
- UBoat spawn fixed (no need to patch this binary for it!)

This is in the "beta" directory, but if the last build worked for you,
this one should be solid, too. Once I get thumbs up from the usual
suspects, I'll move it out of the beta directory and announce it to the
world, but you should probably feel free to consider this build stable
in the meantime.

All admins are encouraged to upgrade. Thanks to Luigi for pointing out a
lot of these issues (and providing proof-of-concept code to demonstrate
them, which helped immensely in fixing them quickly).

--ryan.