[mohaa] What is more important?

Steven Hartland killing at barrysworld.com
Thu Jul 31 12:31:10 EDT 2003

Go for the option #2 ( dual ) although option #1 has more memory bandwidth due
to the 800Mhz FSB this will not be enough to overcome the additional CPU
within the dual. Also dont go for 2.0Ghz go for 2.4Ghz the price differential is
virtually nothing. Unfortunately 1Gb will not be enough with each process using
~ 100Mb RAM. On the otherhand if you run CS you will only get 4 servers on the
box due to the load on most maps. MOHAA you will get your 8 -> 10 servers
possibly a couple more if they are low player limits e.g. 16->20.

Finally if you cant get a decent price for a dual 2.4Ghz + 2GB go somewhere
else that will. You will find allot of peps will try to scam u with server prices
so check the component prices your self and dont be afraid to go back to them
and say "This isnt good enough for this you need to ....."

    Steve / K