What is more important?

Neil A. Twa neil at twastudios.com
Thu Jul 31 12:23:29 EDT 2003

I am looking at getting a game server for my business and I'm looking at
two options. I wanted to get the opinion of the group before I purchased.
The cost is the difference, obviously, but I'm curious as to how well #1
will do vs #2.

Is CPU more important that RAM? or vice versa?

Option #1
- P4 3.0Ghz w/Hyperthreading and 800Mhz FSB (split 400mhz 2x's)
- 2Gb DDR RAM (MAX)
- 40Gb (2Mb CACHE) IDE HDD

Option #2
- Dual Xeon 2.0Ghz w/Hyperthreading and 533mhz FSB
- 1Gb DDRM (MAX)
- 80Gb (8Mb CACHE) IDE HDD

So the xeon is more expensive, but I'm wondering if the P4 w/2Gb RAM will
do fine for 8-10 game servers. Combincation of games from MOH:AA to
Counter Strike.

Appreicate your thoughts and opinions.

-n