router ports?

ORB orbman at thingysrealm.myftp.org
Wed Jul 30 19:40:14 EDT 2003

hi

i have a little problem i hope, it is when i try and host a dedicated game (MOHAA) on a linux box, everytime it starts it tells me the ip address is 127.0.0.1 this seems to be ok though, as i can connect to the server perfect over LAN, but when it comes to getting people to connect to it via internet they say they just get server timed out. i have looked around to check that i have the right ports open, but even with the ports open i still cant get anyone to connect.....

is this problem down to the port forwarding on my router, or is ip address problem in the linux box causing the problem....

any help would be great

thanks in advance!