CPU usage

morphiend morphiend at fuse.net
Wed Jan 29 00:09:27 EST 2003

OK

After testing the system again using the original MOHAA (not spearhead)
executable, processor usage has lowered to what it should be. The over
cpu usage is located in the spearhead. Now whether spearhead uses more
resources (that many more? Kind of doubtful), or it is related to the
memory management issue that cropped up in Alpha1 (more highly likely,
unless the same issue exists in the mohaa executable).

I'd reason to believe that its based in the spearhead memory management
due to this: After the server had been up for a few weeks, one day with
less than ten players (if I recall correctly, there were like 5-7
total), the system hit 100% cpu usage and full ram usage. Players pings
were 999 (no data). So I'd say that it may be a memory leak, or memory
management type problem. Hopefully, as Ryan has mentioned earlier, this
will be fixed in the next version.

Until the next update arrives, I've since switched back to MOHAA and
will have to stay at that due to it crippling the server.

-- Mike